TOPS Week 17

 


Illinois Trip

We left early Friday morning for our trip to Illinois. We got back to Minnesota on Tuesday afternoon. That means I had 2 days this week of a "regular" routine, which wasn't at all because those 2 days were spent preparing for and cleaning up after travel. 

Things I'm proud of: I didn't eat any sweets on this trip. I said no to graduation cake and candy bars from gas stations. I ate zero M&M's in my trail mix and the ginormous bucket of chocolate setting on the counter at my mom's house stayed untouched by me. All of these things are much harder than you may realize. 

I haven't exercised in two weeks. That's not good. I've been walking or biking to more places, but that's just movement. Recognizing the difference between the two is important. While movement is good, exercise is what will get me to my goals. 

I didn't snack the best and I had pizza 4 out of the 7 days this week. That's just stupid. I forgot to pack my yogurt and so I ate the kids' instead. That was basically sugary milk product. 

If you haven't read between the lines, I gained this week. I expected it and I'm ok with that. I'm glad my streak is broken. I don't want to maintain a streak for the sake of maintaining a streak. I want to have a streak that shows a true measure of my journey. 

I did not drink enough water while traveling either. Ugh.

So much to work on. 

I included this picture, even though I know the shorts are not at all flattering. It took a lot to allow myself to be photographed with my kids. Just another casualty of being overweight; I have very few photos with me and my kids. 😢

Comments

  1. Ummm….you MAY have forgotten to stop by my house:/!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I so wish I could have. I spent the time with my older two kids and my grandparents. I haven't seen either since January.

      Delete
  2. You forgot about me too! 😛

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A New Beginning

The Man on TV

Another Year