TOPS Week 14

 


A couple weeks ago my sister-in-law had an Instagram story that said something along the lines of, "We have normalized eating junk food to the point that eating healthy is considered dieting." This was a sobering moment for me. I pondered this thought throughout the entire day and every day since then. 

At what point did normal eating: good, nutritious food, become dieting? Normalizing junk food has been a major downfall in my life. Not taking time to slice and dice my food has led to ready-made, quick fix monstrosities. These foods aren't good for my body, they only lead to heartache from weight gain, and I feel terrible continually all day, to the point that I don't want to do anything, but sit in my chair and pop a pizza in the oven and call that dinner. 

It's a vicious cycle that can only be stopped by doing the things I don't want to do. 

I was thinking about that this morning as I rode my bike (something I did NOT want to do) to my TOPS meeting. How many times the last couple weeks have I done things I didn't *want* to do?

Almost every single day.

I didn't want to run this week. I did it anyway.

I didn't want to cut up vegetables for my breakfast. I did it anyway.

I didn't want to stop what I was doing and prepare supper. I did it anyway.

I didn't want to walk the dog. I did it anyway.

I didn't want to go with the kids on their paper route. I did it anyway. 

The list could go on and on. I did all the things, even though I didn't want to. 

That's how change happens. It's one, "I don't want to, but I'm going to anyway," at a time. 

I had some good choices this week and I made some poor ones. Namely, we ended up eating out like 5 meals this week. Gabe was here and it was Mother's Day. I ate way more fried food than I should have, but I avoided all sugars EXCEPT on Sunday morning. Well... I guess Monday too. Those 2 days I made French Toast and I had some with real maple syrup. The sugar from that syrup EXPLODED in my mouth and honestly, it was too rich. I couldn't believe how sugary it tasted. Bleh

I expected a weight gain because of the eating out and sugar I consumed for breakfast those two days, but ended up with a 1.8 loss for the week. I'm now at about 15 pounds lost total. I've lost weight for 9 weeks straight (officially) and 11 weeks unofficially. 

I've dropped a bra size which makes me THRILLED and I pulled out my summer clothes and am able to wear most. I even pulled out my old summer clothes, ones I haven't worn since 2019, and am close to being able to wear those. My goal is to be able to take some of those on our summer trip to Gatlinburg. 

I'm adding a picture of my breakfast, because I can and it was SO yummy.


Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and for commenting. Many of the comments are coming in as anonymous, so I'm not entirely sure who it is, but I LOVE getting them. I really appreciate the support and encouragement. ❤️

Until next week!


Comments

  1. Your sister’s comment is so true, and food for thought! (Pun intended) I’m so flipping proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you daughter!! You are doing great, day by day xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so true, makes me think too! Happy you got to spend time with Gabe!! You are awesome!! Take care and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing the hard work which is paying off!!!! You have healthily lost 15 lbs!!! Amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. It feels like the loss has been healthy. Definitely more so than how unhealthy I had been the last couple years.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A New Beginning

The Man on TV

Another Year