TOPS Week 16




I wasn't sure how the week would go after last week's panic. Life is extremely busy right now and I'm being pulled in what feels like 20 different directions. In truth, it's about 6 different directions, but I'm doing none of them well.

I didn't exercise a single day this week. I didn't run, I didn't do Tabata Tuesday, and I haven't been to the gym in a long time. To go from not missing a single day to not doing a single day is a terrible direction. I did walk and hike this week, but that hardly makes up for true exercise.

When I looked in the mirror after my shower this morning, I was able to see a visible difference in my belly fat for the first time. That felt empowering. I've noticed my emerging waist, but not my tummy disappearing. I was able to fit into a pair of capris from 2 summers ago, thanks to the "laying on the bed" trick. They're still too tight, but they zipped!

I don't know how my 1.8 pound weight loss will carry over next week because I'll be adding back in exercise. I'm also traveling back to Illinois this weekend to attend my nephew's graduation. Traveling + weight loss don't tend to be in the same equation. Next week will be interesting.

Things to work on: Making exercise as normal as breathing. Upping my running mileage. Not letting sagging skin upset me.

Things I'm proud of: I have lost enough weight and girth to have saggy skin. My new bras are needing clasped on the smaller hooks. Zipping those stupid pants.

I want to have a fat clothing burning ceremony. I know it's illegal in Minnesota to burn anything but firewood, but this feels important to me. I don't want to ever see some of my clothes again. E.V.E.R.



Comments

  1. Yep, it’s “anonymous” Kim again. I can understand how you’d feel like you are/were heading in the wrong direction by not exercising, but you’ve been SO determined and dedicated that I have no doubt you’ll continue successfully forward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim. I always appreciate your encouragement. ❤️❤️❤️

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A New Beginning

The Man on TV

Another Year