TOPS Week 9

 


This was a pretty good week. I've had a couple of, "Ah HA!" moments along the way and thought I'd share those.

Ah HA! #1

I'm so tired of having to adjust camera and chin angles because of my double chin. So. Very. Tired of it. If I don't spend time adjusting then I just don't even get in the picture. I had to force myself to take the above picture without thinking about what it might look like. 

Ah HA! #2

I caught myself depriving my body of calories. In typical fashion, I can go from one extreme to another and as I came home from the gym one day, I found myself a little shaky and hungry. I could tell my body needed some calories, but I didn't want to eat for fear of weight gain. I had to shake that feeling off and force myself to be sensible. I grabbed an apple and peanut butter (sugar free) and had a snack. Big win. 

Ah HA! #3

I prayed my way through some temptations and I realized I haven't been giving God the credit He deserves for His role in my weight loss. Without Him, I would have zero ability to do this. I'm so weak and He has given me the strength to soldier on. 

My March challenge:

My goal was to lose 1 pound. I lost 7.4. that means I get 6.4 hours of complete alone time. I'm SO excited! 

I've lost a total of 8.8 pounds since going back to TOPS on a weekly basis. 

This week I did a great job of fighting the temptation to eat popcorn after 7:00. Man, that's hard to do. I said no to a chocolate candy being offered also. Normally, I would pop that baby in my mouth and not think twice. Yay me!

I want to work on being purposeful in working out. Currently I'm going whenever I can fit it in to my day. I'm hoping to add strength training, which means I will probably show a weight gain next week. I have to learn to be ok with that. 

Other positives:

I need to throw away a pair of jeans that are too big for me. They keep falling down throughout the day, even after being immediately washed and worn. 

I can zip a coat I bought, that I couldn't zip before. I pulled my puffy coat out and I'm able to wear it without much restriction. 

Area of concern;

I turned down going to a concert, staying overnight, and shopping the next day with a group of friends because I'm not sure if I'm strong enough away from my routine to stay smart with my choices. It would have been a super fun time and I'm bummed, but with my overall goals I think this was the best choice. I'll probably regret it. 🤷‍♀️

Oh... I lost 1.8 pounds this week. 😍

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A New Beginning

The Man on TV

Another Year