TOPS Week 8

This week could have gone either way. We have friends visiting and it's really hard to maintain healthy eating when you're feeding 10 people. And working out?? 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

But

I lost a pound!

That feels like a pretty big victory and I'm pumped to up my workout regimen and really buckle down on some less healthy choices.

I have one more week to lose more weight to get my reward for this month (see previous blog) and I want to finish strong, but not to the point that I can't maintain weight loss the next week. I've had 4 consecutive weeks of weight loss. That's pretty cool. 

One of the harder parts of weight loss is recognizing the unhealthy patterns and then making actual changes. Knowing I'm a stress eater isn't enough. If I'm not willing to make a change and say "no" to putting food in my mouth during those unhealthy times, then it's useless information. 

This week I had a moment of wanting to eat during a stressful time. Instead of giving in and buying some Easter candy, I sent a text to Curt. It made me accountable for my next step and I had to stop and think about what I was doing. It immediately brought to the forefront the ridiculousness of eating to ease stress and I resisted the temptation. 

Yay me!

I'm so excited to work towards my ultimate goal of running the Ely Half Marathon this fall. It feels good and that's half the battle. ❤️


Curt and me at our first half marathon. Springfield, IL April 2014





Comments

  1. Great job, Teresa! You should be proud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim. I really appreciate your encouragement ❤️

      Delete
  2. Way to go Teresa!! That is half the battle for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A New Beginning

The Man on TV

Another Year