30 Days of Thankful- Day #9

Today I am thankful for friends.

I am not the type of person that has a lot of really close friends. First, I can't give the time to many different people that is needed for close friendships. Second, well, I guess it is still number one,  I can't give the time that close friendships require.

It isn't that I am a hard person to know. I am pretty transparent. I have many, many flaws. I have a big heart for people. I have compassion. I hope that I give mercy and grace.

I have been blessed to have people in my life that were much better friends to me than I ever was to them.

One of the best friends I have ever had, and still have, is a beautiful woman I met while teaching. We worked together in a 4 room school house. It was great. The small building allowed a friendship to grow and blossom into the closeness I have with her today. On any given day we can talk and know each other's moods immediately. We can lift each other up and encourage without many words. For me, just hearing her laughter lifts a lot of my burdens. I can share things with her that I would never tell another soul on earth (outside of Curt) and know that I am not judge or thought poorly. She just gets me and I miss her. Dreadfully.

I have been blessed with friendships after our move as well. We hadn't been in Carlinville very long when another beautiful woman stepped into my life. She had stocked our pantry before we ever moved in. We were here for a visit and upon opening the pantry doors there were all sorts of yumminess waiting for us. And that right there is the very heart of who she is. I have never known a moment that she hasn't given of her time, resources and self for me or my family. The amount of her generosity is only surpassed by the love that comes out of her very being. If it hadn't been for her friendship, I am not sure I could have been able to stay here. God placed her in our lives for a short time, moved her away, and then brought her back at just the moment I needed her.

I am not so full of myself that I think God orchestrated all of that for me, but His timing was perfect. I needed a friend and He gave me her. I am very thankful and grateful.

I have had many, many friends through the years that I cherish. Some I keep in contact with through
Facebook, some through other friends, and some I no longer can picture their faces. Each one I have loved and still do.

If you consider me a friend, I want to thank you. Know that I have prayed for you in the past and may still. Even though we do not talk like we once did (or at all) you left a mark on my life.

I can only hope the mark I left on yours was a loving one.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Beginning

The Man on TV

Another Year