30 Days of Thankful- Day #8

I am thankful for the comforts in life. For electricity that rarely goes out. For light bulbs burning brightly. For furnaces that require minimal action on my part to work. For automobiles that run and can get me all over the great state of Illinois at a moment's notice.

Toilets that flush and do what they are made to do.

For soft toilet paper (this was an eye opener for me in Prague, Vienna & Hradec Kralove). For cleaning products that do their job. For vacuum cleaners.  For refrigerators, microwave ovens, freezers, dishwashers, toasters, washers, driers, stoves, ovens, coffee makers, curling irons and hair driers.

I am thankful for water heaters and water softeners.

I am thankful for an insulated home with a roof that doesn't leak.

I am thankful for soft mattresses, warm blankets, cushioned floors, matching dishes, pots that don't allow food to stick, tables and chairs without splinters and doors that seal closed.

Water that is clean, clear and good to drink.

I am thankful for windows that do not allow drafts. For options. For choices.

I am thankful that I am among the few in the world that can live in luxury even while being one of the poorest of our nation.

Thank you, God, for giving me THIS time period to live. This is MY time and I don't want to waste it on frivolous things. I don't want to waste my time on wanting more of the very best that has already been given me. 

I AM thankful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Beginning

The Man on TV

Another Year