Tops Week 29

 Well, it's been 2 weeks since I last reported. I feel like I'm holding steady weight wise with the scale showing a .4 loss. Half a pound here and there is fine, but it's time to actually try. 

I've been doing a program my sister set me up with through Younique Balance Health Coaching. I'm realizing how big the mental struggle is for me when it comes to being healthy. This quote from James Clear has had an emotional impact on me: "The most effective way to change your habits is to focus not on what you want to achieve, but who you want to become. Your identity emerges out of your habits. Every action is a vote for the type of person you want to become."

I say it has had an emotional impact because it hasn't yet affected everything that I am doing. I am beginning to make small changes like, walking instead of driving places. This isn't anything new, but emotionally I feel like I am making strides towards becoming the person I want to be. 

I am also more conscious about a well-balanced diet instead of a fad diet. I desperately want to make choices with my food that will help me feel better. The times that I go without sugar and fried food I have more energy. Part of this program is recognizing the effect food has on my mood and other patterns.

At TOPS today we were given a challenge of having a written goal for the next 3 months. Mine was easy to decide, but will be difficult to obtain. My goal is to lose 14 pounds by end of the year weigh in. It will require dedication, perseverance, steadfastness, and persistence. All of which I tend to lack in quantities above 3 weeks. 


On a side note, Caleb did well at the kids Marathon. He placed second, behind a 12 year old. He is determined to win that thing yet. 🤣I'm sad I didn't get to run, but relieved my knee is almost fully healed. ❤️ I'm hoping to get back out for some runs soon. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Beginning

The Man on TV

Another Year