TOPS Week 34

 


It's been a rough few weeks. Holidays are already tough enough for weight loss, but throw in a traumatic, life-changing event and you've got a recipe for weight gain. 

The last few weeks had all sorts of obstacles for my weight loss: Not in my own home with my food, no routine, not my own bed so poor night's sleep, eating out 2 meals per day, and stress. Lots of stress. 

Then there came the baked goods sent to the family the week before the visitation and funeral. Not to mention Thanksgiving thrown in for good measure. 

Needless to say, I had zero intention of going to my meeting this morning. Z.E.R.O.  When I went to bed I knew I would wake up, teach, and go about my day. I had told myself that next week would be the weigh-in that mattered. This week's weigh-in was strictly a result of all the aforementioned and I deserved to not torture myself with the number on the scale. 

Then I woke up and knew I had to go. I needed the accountability and encouragement my group of ladies provide each Thursday morning. 

I was absolutely ridiculous before I stepped on the scale. I made sure I wore the same outfit from the last time I weighed, except I took off my socks and pulled out my ponytail holder. You might laugh, but when you're measuring to the tenth of a pound every ounce matters. 

I shouldn't have worried. I lost a pound. I don't know how, but I'm not about to call for a check on the scale's accuracy. 

I'm not sure I will be able to hit my end of the year goal weight, but I'm still in the running for it right now.  In the time I've been gone from Ely I should have lost 2 or 3 pounds to stay on target, but it's still achievable. By our January 5th meeting I need to lose 8 pounds. 

I. Can. Do. It! 

Comments

  1. Yes you CAN! I believe in you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staying positive in time of stress, anxiety and change is a hard thing to do - you are doing it! Keep on keeping on and find the joy in everything you do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A New Beginning

The Man on TV

Another Year