TOPS Week 23

 


Not a good week. I knew going in this morning that I would have a gain, but I wasn't expecting a 1.4 pound gain. I did forget to take off my Fitbit, but that hardly can account for the weight I gained. Ugh. 

I was able to start running again. My calf is better, but my ankle is giving me a little cause for concern. I think it's a tendon, or something similar, but when I'm taking steps it will suddenly shoot with pain. Especially when I'm going down stairs. It isn't constant, which makes it tough to figure out and also leads me to believe it's some type of tissue/tendon issue. 

Things I desperately need to improve upon: Snacking. Veggies with my eggs. More water. Better food options. Portion control. Strength building on my off running days.

Things I'm doing well: Not being stupid with my food choices. Persevering.

Half Marathon Training: Like I mentioned earlier, I'm able to run again, but because of my calf I'm about 2 weeks behind in my training. My goal for this race is to have something I'm working towards and to finish. I'm not going for a PR. Next year I'd like to train for the full marathon. 

I'm kicking around the idea of attempting the SHT again once the race is done. That'll put me hiking during October, which is typically pretty chilly up here in the evenings especially, but I can't do it any sooner. Caleb wants to do it with me. We'll have to see how things go. Isabel will be in public school so she'd be covered. 

Caleb and I will do a couple of the local backpacking trails first, just to see how he does with me and Dad not with us. He may back out. 😉

I'm struggling to stay motivated and moving. I haven't ridden my bike in awhile. I feel tired all the time. Not sure why. 🤷‍♀️

Anyway... If you live local and want to walk or ride, hit me up. I need someone to push me a little right now. 

I won't be posting for a couple weeks. Next week we will be in the Boundary Waters and the week after Gabe moves into his college dorm and begins football. I'll be back after that. ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Beginning

The Man on TV

Another Year