TOPS Week 20

 I'm back from vacation!

We had a fantastic time. We were incredibly busy and did several new things.

Whitewater rafting being the first on the list.


The kids and I took a hike up an incredibly steep, 2 mile hill and were rewarded with zero views.


We went to the Lumber Jack Feud where we all ziplined, did a free fall, attempted a high ropes course, walked on rolling logs, and climbed a pole. It was quite the workout.

 

The kids saved their money for a couple months and played at an arcade after riding go carts. 


We hiked up Max Patch


<sigh> I just love the AT


We completed our hike into Hot Springs. We hiked just over 20 miles in about 28 hours. Our reward was a hot lunch at Smoky Mountain Diner.


We spent 2 days at Gatlinburg after our hike. Not sure I care to go back here in particular, but it was a kid's paradise. I'll stay at the towns just north (Pigeon Forge, Sevierville) any day though. 

The weeks I was away from my meetings, I hiked/walked/ran a total of 111 miles. We were super active. How did that translate into weight loss?

It didn't really. I lost .2 pounds. I truly believe this shows how important what we eat is. I allowed myself to eat fried everything. I drank sugar drinks. I even had ice cream 3 times (kid or baby sized) while on vacation. I managed to stay away from all other desserts, but to be as active as I was and only lose .2 pounds shows that you can't exercise your way out of a bad diet. You just can't do it. 

Since being home I've made changes to my diet, but I'm still not getting the number of veggies into me that I was before vacation. That's ok; I'm motivated to get back to it. 

I've begun training for my half marathon. Monday I ran a 4 mile race and was content with knowing I finished and did it in a time under what I thought I'd do it in. 

Thank you for the support you all show. We'll see how this next week goes. 😊

Comments

  1. I’m with you regarding Gatlinburg (the tourist area anyway) but it’s really nice in those other towns for sure! I’m so proud of your race!! Way to go!! And finally, I’m exhausted just reading about your vacation activities!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need another vacation to rest up from the vacation 😉

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A New Beginning

The Man on TV

Another Year