TOPS Week 24


Sometimes life can throw you a curve ball. That may not necessarily be a bad thing, especially if you know how to hit one. 

I went into today's meeting knowing I had not been very faithful to my "new" lifestyle choices. In fact, this week I gorged on foods that I haven't touched in a very long time. I truly didn't care. I was in a funk and stuffing my face with nastiness felt justified. I knew I was sabotaging myself. I located my chocolate stash from around the house and enjoyed every single secret bite I had. 

Then I cried.

I'm pretty sure my hormones are out of whack and probably should get them checked. 🤷‍♀️

My unhealthy choices aren't limited to this week. Last week I traveled to Illinois. I didn't have a single healthy meal or snack the entire time I was gone. I haven't run in 2 weeks and my body hasn't done a workout program for over a month. 

I knew this weigh in would be bad. I decided to view it as a starting point and I put on my big girl panties to go face the music. 

I lost 2.2 pounds. Had I gained 5 I wouldn't have been surprised. Some days I just don't get it. The scale drives me bonkers. 

Non-scale victories the last 2 weeks: I continue to be able to wear clothes I couldn't wear before. The pair of shorts from a few weeks ago that I could finally button, I actually wore in public this week! I wore them to clean cabins and figured I hadn't washed them the last time I wore them so they were probably stretched out, so I came home and washed them and decided to try them on again. Nope. They fit exactly the same! That was a reason to celebrate for sure. ❤️

I'm having to remind myself that my half marathon is not a race that I'm trying for a PR, but a goal set before myself to have something to work towards. I won't be running the whole thing, but I just want to finish it before the full marathoners cross the line (4-5 hours). If I run half and walk the other half that is just fine by me; or so I'm trying to convince myself.

I've been thinking about strength lately and how important it is. I need to get back into the gym. I wish there was a weekly program I could attend for strength training accountability. Some kind of class. I follow one of the trainers from my sister's gym and they are beginning a weight loss contest that includes meal planning, strength training, cardio, and accountability. THAT'S what I need. 

Someone get on that. ❤️

Comments

  1. Wow! More loss! That’s awesome, Teresa! Your entire weight loss journey is a marathon, so you aren’t just training for one, you’re IN one already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Teresa!! We went to MPLS this week and we ate out a lot and now I need to get back to healthy!! It's always nice to take a break and my black coffee this morning was good (drank yummy creamer every morning too)!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A New Beginning

The Man on TV

Another Year