TOPS Week 4

I missed another 2 weeks of group meetings because my family managed to get Covid. Or was it 3 weeks? I'm not even sure. Not a surprise at all, I managed to gain back every single pound I had lost and added another .6 just for fun. 

But I'm not at all discouraged. Yesterday a switch flipped and I feel motivated again. 

One of the more helpful things was reading a quote from Jennifer Pharr Davis. In The Pursuit of Endurance she writes about a camp counselor she had that would have all the campers chant the same thing each and every day. "Today is a great day and I feel fantastic!"

Try it. Every morning I have started to say this and it's hard not to believe it. Today is a GREAT day and I feel FANTASTIC. Too easily we slip into a negative mindset. 

I'm breaking the cycle.


And look what I got today! I may have gained back all that I had lost, but this was a great reminder that I CAN do it! 

My goal is to lose 1 pound a month. Anything above 1 pound is how many hours I get of complete alone time. I have massive guilt taking time to myself. This way, it's time I have earned, not "selfishly" wanted. That'll feel good ❤️.


Comments

  1. I'd love some encouragement or to know I'm not alone! Sign in to your Google account and post a comment 😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A New Beginning

The Man on TV

Another Year