TOPS Week 2

 I'm going to start off with things I did well this week:

1) I stayed away from soda when I really, really wanted a glass. Sometimes my stomach gets upset and soda calms it down immediately, but I stayed away and for that I'm proud of myself

2) I had a moment this week where I was upset. I was in the midst of shoving food in my mouth as quickly as I could when the TOPS pledge came to mind, 'I will remember, even though I overeat in private, my excess poundage is there for all the world to see." This thought made me put down what I was eating.

Struggles this week:

1) I had to go to the doctor. In the notes on the computer was a section that reads "Underlying health issues." In that section it said, "Class 2 Obesity." That was sobering. I still tear up thinking about it. I've never been this heavy and I am so disappointed in myself. 

2) I'm afraid to fail therefore I'm afraid to set goals. If I don't set a goal then I can't fail. I'm struggling to make goals that will ensure I succeed. My current goals are completely attainable and don't require me to fight very hard for it. When did I lose my will to fight?

3) This week I had a goal of stretching. I didn't set a number of days to that goal and because of that I didn't do it as often as I should have.


This week's meeting focused on making goals. I'm trying to convince myself I can do this. 

I gained weight this week. I'm not shocked because last week's loss was a pretty substantial one. Overall I'm at a loss of 3lbs for which I'm still proud.

Overall:

Physical- Gained .6

Emotional- Rough. Still not moved into the house

Health- Pretty beat up. Had a trip to the doctor this week.

Goals- Not to the level it should have been

Focus for this week:

Make goals, even if they are hard.

Measure my body. I need to "see" some loss, not just look at the scale.


Probably not the best food choice, but it was yummy.







Comments

  1. I am in a similar boat as you. I have gained 1/2 the weight back that I lost originally before Covid. You are inspiring me. We CAN do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steph. Sure miss you. Would love to hear what you are hoping to do to get back on track. ❤️

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on making progress not perfection! We all struggle with all those things! I just finished my SMART goals homework, and updated my weekly goal calendar. One of my SMART goals is to plan for snacking in my day. I grocery shopped with this in mind and put together a great veggie platter (in Tupperware - my Tupperware Lady would be so proud!) and am making a batch of hummus - thus, my snacking for the week, is ready for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A New Beginning

The Man on TV

Another Year