Losing again and again and again and again and ...

This week was tough. I definitely didn't earn the .6 pounds I lost according to the scale this morning. I found myself binge eating for no apparent reason. 🤷‍♀️

Of course, we hadn't seen the sun in a week. That never helps me. 

Monday I began reading Lysa Terkeurst's book, "I'll Start Again Monday." It has been incredibly encouraging and a good reminder of all the things I already know, but have been ignoring. 

I FINALLY was able to hike. I don't think I've hiked at all this summer. The woods are definitely my happy place.


Who knew we had such incredible views in Ely?

I looked back over my weight loss log and discovered I weigh today the exact same I weighed this time last year. Talk about discouraging. I'm back in a position to lose weight that I've already lost. I had such high expectations for this coming year and I failed. Obviously goal setting is not a motivating factor for me. 

I feel like I'm in a much better mental state than I was last week. I'm refocused in my desire to be healthy regardless of the scale. Each week I plan on asking myself, "Did you make good choices? Did you try your best?" Hopefully my answers will reflect on the scale, but if they don't, I HAVE to be ok with that. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Beginning

The Man on TV

Another Year