A New Beginning

I haven't been to a TOPS meeting since the first week of April. Between work, parents visiting, and illness, I've had plenty of excuses to not attend. And the truth is, I haven't really cared to have the dedication to say no. To anything and everything.

The resulting 7 pound weight gain isn't exactly a shock. 

I knew I had gained at least 4 pounds, but I hadn't stepped on a scale in over 6 weeks. I'm just thankful the resulting gain is only 3 pounds more.

So, what am I doing to get back on track? Well, I think a better question would be what were you doing to get so far off track, Teresa?

1) Too much emphasis on meals

2) Too many "cheat" moments 

3) Too many high calorie, zero payback foods/drinks

4) No accountability 

5) I quit caring

The truth is, since my mother-in-law died, I haven't cared much for my health. I know I need to, but I truly haven't cared. 

So, today is a new day. No more tracking weeks or days in a row for weight loss. Today is just another day in my life and I have to decide what I'm going to do with it. Do I care enough today to feel good and move? Who do I want to be, today? Not a year from now, but today, this very moment. 

Choices are everywhere, all the time. Will I make wise ones?

How much do you love this woman, Teresa, to do what is good for her?


Comments

  1. You can do anything when you put your mind to it. I've witnessed this first hand. There's only one of you. So love yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are back!!! That’s what counts! I was waiting. 😂

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Man on TV

Another Year